Please note that these are my personal collections.
I am not a dealer and these items are not for sale; nor am I
interested in offers of items for sale. So please do not contact
me with offers to sell, buy or swap. If you have something you really
truly believe in your heart of hearts that I would be interested in,
please read my trade policy before contacting me.
The following are some of the other larger sets of comics I have.
Needless to say I have many other singles and one-offs. Maybe one
day I'll list them too. Possibly when I'm bored absolutely stupid.
The Silver Surfer
Several years ago an ex-flatmate left behind a copy of
Marvel Comics "Parable" -
about the Silver Surfer's former master Galactus coming to subjugate
I was taken by the strength and delicacy of line in the artwork,
but also by the almost Shakespearian tone of the text. I started
to read the current Marvel releases of The Silver Surfer
only to realise that the precise thing
I was drawn to had been largely eliminated from the character.
This was because the readers didn't like it. The vast majority
prefer a more macho 'Surf' who gets angry and violent.
I didn't last long.
Anyone who is interested in the following
and we'll see if we can figure something out.
Marvel Comics "Silver Surfer"
- Fantasy Masterpieces Starring The Silver Surfer Vol.2 No.13 Dec 1980
- The Silver Surfer - "The Origin Of The Silver Surfer" Newton Comics No.1 1975
- Silver Surfer Vol.1, No.1 & No.2 Jan 1989 - "Parable"
- Vol.3 No.23 May 1989 - No.48 Apr 1991
- Vol.3 No.51 Jul 1991 - No.63 Jun 1992
- Vol.3 No.65 Aug 1992 - No.68 Late Oct 1992
Phantom: "Ghost Who Walks, Man Who Cannot Die"
by Lee Falk
My Phantom collection is small because I tend to be selective.
I only like the earlier artists: Wilson McCoy and Ray Moore. Sy Barry's
work gets a look-in because he was the predominant artist when I was
young and reading Phantom for the first time.
As a result I avoid issues with all 'recent' art, though I have been
fooled by McCoy imitators (not that I mind).
- 883, 925A, 931A, 932, 933, 935A, 936, 939, 939A, 953A, 955, 959,975,983
- 1000, 1003, 104, 1008, 1009, 1012, 1013, 1020, 1041,
1060, 1063, 1069, 1075, 1078, 1085, 1094
- 1101, 1106, 1117, 1123, 1125, 1128, 1147, 1148, 1156
- "The Phantom" Original Series Reproductions 1, 3, 4, 5, 6
The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
By Gilbert Shelton
What can I say? I had older brothers who brought 'underground'
from Uni. I still find the Freak Brothers' slapstick antics
funny after countless readings.
The Rip-Off Press
- The Collected Freak Brothers
- The Freaks Pull a Heist
- The Freaks Go To College
- The Freaks Visit Disneyland
- The Freaks Go To Mexico
- Tricky Prickears
- Franklin's Amyl Nitrate Adventure
- Freddy and the Phone Number
- Little Orphan Amphetamine
- The Phineas Freak Pedestrian Dispersal System
- Further Adventures of Those Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
- Shootout in the County Slammer
- The Hitch-hiker
- Buster Foyt, Esq.
- Dopin' Dan
- Doctor Dope
- Journeys of the Freaks
- A Year Passes Like Nothing With The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
- How To Cope with the Gasoline Famine
- Fat Freddy's Cat and The Texas Roach
- Fat Freddy does Jury Duty
- Fat Freddy's Cat in "I Led Nine Lives"
- Brother, Can You Spare $1 For The Fabulius Furry Freak Brothers?
- A Mexican Odyssey
- Fat Freddy's Cat in "Chariot of the Globs"
- The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers in "Grass Roots"
- Fat Freddy's Cat in "Animal Camp"
- Fat Freddy Goes back To Grade School
- Freewheelin' Franklin in "The Mellow Cab Man"
- The Story of Phineas and the Organic Mechanic
- Six Snappy Sockeroos from the Archives of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
- The Parakeet That Outwitted The DEA
- Phineas Goes To The Store
- He Who Hesitates
- The Fourth Freak Brother
- Take Me Out...
- The Death Of Fat Freddy
- Several Short Stories From The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
- Burned Again
- Play The Market
- Phineas Gets an Abortion
- The Freak Brothers "Come Down"
- The Freak Brothers in the 21st Century
- Fat Freddy Demonstrates How To Use Rolling Papers
- The Idiots Abroad (part 1)
- The Idiots Abroad (Part 2)
- The Idiots Abroad (Part 3)
- The Freak Brothers Bus Line and Other Tales
- The Freak Brothers Break Up
- Save The Giant Hamsters
- Fat Freddy, Drug Czar
- The $29.95 S.F to N.Y Non-Stop Whiteline Cannonball Express
- Gilbert Shelton in 3-D
- Wonder Warthog and the Invasion of the Pigs From Uranus
- The Hairmobile
- Gilbert Shelton's Advanced Motoring Tips
- The Freaks Pull a Heist!
Back to Collections Page
Back to Home Page